2009 2010 is the fastest year yet for me. I cannot believe it is already almost March (1/4 through the year!) and still I have a difficult time remembering to place the “1” before the “0”. Unbelievable!
What makes this year different from all the other years?
- It feels like 9/11 happened just yesterday.
- It feels like my father is still alive; like I could pick up the phone and call him at this very moment.
- It feels like I just met my beautiful wife, that we’ve been married for only a few months (we’re in our third year).
- It feels like my cat of sixteen years is still a kitten.
- It feels like I’ve just had my tenth birthday and my present are two baby turtles named Leonardo and Michelangelo.
- It feels like I just return home from Bible College.
- It feels like I just bought my first car.
- It feels like I just came home from youth group, that I can call Bob for advice, and Jason just to hang out.
- It feels like I just heard my brother-in-law (Joe) receive a standing ovation for singing I Surrender All by Clay Cross.
- It feels like, it feels like, it feels like…
Oh how time flies.
My wife’s grandmother once said, “no matter how old you feel; no matter how old you are or how your body digresses; on the inside your soul never ages“.
So true isn’t it.
On the inside I feel no older than when I was a child. But on the outside life is moving quick. Too quick.
And everyday this is a reminder to cherish the things that matter most. To not take people for granted. To always ask, “is this situation more important than the relationship?”
Do you also find life is moving by too fast?